St. George's Chapel of Český Krumlov Castle
The No. 1 Guided Tour of Český Krumlov Castle begins at the Entry Hall with a staircase dating from the second half of the 17th century which leads to St. George\'s Chapel. The first reference to the Chapel was in 1334, while in the second half of the 16th century it was rebuilt in Renaissance style. Its present appearance is the result of a reconstruction carried out between the years 1750 and 1753. The interior was decorated with stucco work by Matyas André. Jan Antonín Zinner was responsible for the sculpture of St. George above the main altar and Charles Louis Philippot painted the altar pictures. At the choir stalls is the organ from 1753, made by Friedrich Ferdinand Semrád, which is still in its original condition (Historic Organs in the Český Krumlov Region). The remains of St.Calixtus are a precious component of the Altar. (Remains of St.Calixtus in St. George\'s Chapel).